Scrapbook about me and my projects here and there over the years.
Nowadays I’m mostly turning down or asking others to cover any interview requests, but feel free to reach out to see if we can collaborate!
About Trustroots and traveling
- Maailman Kuvalehti – Sohvasurffaus on edelleen in – mitä tapahtuu, kun kotioven avaa tuntemattomalle?, 14 December 2017 (In Finnish)
- The Daily Dot – Why hasn’t there been a new Couchsurfing?, 13. October 2017
- Freestyle Travelshow (podcast) – Trustroots w/ Mikael, 17. July 2017
- German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung – Sofa, so good, 19. Apr 2015 (In German)
- Finnish newspaper Helsingin Sanomat – Kokenut liftari kertoo, miten pääset ilmaiseksi kyytiin: Pukeudu siististi ja hymyile, 30. Nov 2014
- Serbian travel club Klub Putnika – Mikael Korpela, HitchWiki admin: Restore the trust among people, 24. July 2014 (also in Serbian)
- Travel podcast Zero to Travel – Hitchhiking: Myths, Facts and Beyond, June 2014
- Brazilian newspaper – Na estrada – Rodar o mundo de carona é mais do que uma aventura. É um estilo de vida (In Portuguese) 24 June 2014
- Portuguese newspaper – Nómadas 2.0 – À boleia pelo mundo (In Portuguese) 8 May 2014
- French newspaper Rue 89 – L’autostop a résisté au covoiturage et aux faits divers, (In French) 15 November 2013
- Lithuanian travel zine Kelionių manija – Pietryčių Azijos klajūnai: kai norisi būti visur, (In Lithuanian) 16 August 2011
- Finnish news YLE 2011 – Liftari on kotonaan kaikkialla (In Finnish) 4. June 2011
- Finnish radio station YLE Radio Suomi (In Finnish) 24. May 2011
- Finnish newspaper Iltasanomat 2010
- Finnish newsagency STT (and bunch of newspapers like Kaleva) – Vapaus viehättää liftaria (In Finnish) 14 June 2009
- Jo Magpie is writing about our Turkey Hackathon: The Hitchwiki Hackathon House 22 April 2015.
- Laura Lazzarino writing about Hitchgathering and mentioning also me: Hitchgathering 2014 o qué tan hippie soy (In Spanish) 19 September 2014.
- Hitchwiki.org has been covered by hundreds of magazines over the years, e.g. by Vice (2015) and NewsWeek (2015), WAZ: Moderne Tramper
sind imInternet gut miteinander vernetzt(2015). Hitchwiki also frequents masters theses and travel books.
- Trustroots.org frequents in different media outlets, blogs, and podcasts. E.g. MatadorNetwork: Why Couchsurfing’s destiny is doomed (2015), Kernelmag/
dailydot: The improbable rise and fall of Couchsurfing (2015). Trustroots also frequents masters theses and travel books.
- Carrotmob / Porkkanamafia consumer activism was frequently pretty much in every possible Finnish media across magazines, newspapers, TV, and radio during 2008—2010.
- Finnish newspaper Suurjyväskylän
lehti: Mediataidetta Holvissa, 5. November 2008. Our Media art initiatives got covered locally frequently around 2006—2008.
- Few outlets covered my observations about internet security across Finnish banks and websites; newspaper Keski-Suomalainen: Suurten sivut reikäjuustoa, webzine Vierityspalkki XSS-
aukot verkkopalveluiden riesana(March 2008)
- Finnish newspaper Helsingin Sanomat: Net detectives found the bomber by themselves, 22. October 2002.